We planned a full day for the Magic Kingdom and then a night to see the Happily Ever After on our last night in Disney World. The plan is made listing down all the priority activities. A little planning before can actually save you long waiting hours. Look at the park hours and see if there is a day in your plan where the Magic Kingdom has extra Magical Hours pick that day. Because people living in Disney Resorts have access to the park in Magic Hours.
- The plan assumes that you start your day with park opening hours.
- Taking some break in the afternoon either by going back to resort or staying there and a slow hour after lunch. We preferred to take some break after lunch as we didn’t have any toddlers with us.
- Our son was 11 and was eligible for all the rides so we have shortlisted all important rides. But in case you have kids who might not match the height requirement you can change the plan accordingly.
- Also, the plan skips over low priority attractions to provide more opportunity to explore what’s important.
Remember if you find some ride in the early morning with less wait time and you have a fastpass+ for it in the afternoon. Just do the ride in the standard line and modify the fastpass+ and use it for some other attraction.
Park plan Attractions
The attractions mentioned in the first half are the major ones. However, the later ones are nice too but you can always shortlist as per your family preference.
- Space MountainThis one was my favorite in the magic kingdom. Sharp drops in the dark with space ambiance around thrills you the most. Book a fastpass for it around 9:30 am and in case you are there before see if there is no wait time do it in standard line and modify your later fastpass+ to any other experience.
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship FaireSee the show timings as you start your day and you can catch up in between the rides. The performance outside the castle is every hour.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Do it in the first two hours of park opening.
- Splash Mountain Use a fastpass+ around 12:00 pm.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine TrainUse a fast pass around 1:30 pm.
- Have Lunch at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. Amazing Burgers.
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Peter Pan’s Flight Use a Fastpass+around 3:00 pm.
- As you have used all 3 Fastpass+ options you will earn the 4th Use it to book Jungle Cruise attraction.
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- it’s a small world
Must Do’s in Case you have Girls:
- Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall In Case you have daughters and you want to keep some time for princesses then either you can make a 2-day plan or skip few rides in the 2ndhalf and meet You can also use your Fastpass+ accordingly.
- Enchanted Tales with Belle Use Fastpass+ for this one in case your girls are crazy to be with Belle. Since we had a boy so our preference was rides and shows.
- Bibbibi Bobbidi BoutiqueWatch Fairy Tale come true. Yes Fairy God Mothers can turn your daughter into a princess. If your budget and time allows go for it. It’s a must for all those little princesses.
- Have Dinner at Be Our Guestin case you got successful before to get a reservation.
- Enjoy the Happily Ever Afterfireworks that are scheduled at 9:00 pm every night. Try getting a good spot around 8:30 pm so you can see it. Some nights can be busier than the other. And its ok to cry in the end because most of us do :). The best locations to see the magical fireworks are mentioned here. So pick a spot.
- Have some dessert at Tomorrowland Terrace Cafeor Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.
I hope the plan was detailed and will help you,
With this, we are left with one park plan only that is Hollywood Studios. Will be discussing that in the next blog till then Hasta La Vista.