This might be a reality check but do you know that less than 10% of your followers see your posts organically on the social media? But understanding this means that you should know what is ORGANIC? Organic is the # of people who see your content without any dime spent on paid advertisements. Hence if you’re spending chunks of your time creating amazing content then posting it on Facebook or Instagram for the world to see, the reality is that you’re probably not going to accomplish what you hoped to accomplish with that.
This is what brings us to the understanding the concept of PAY to PLAY. It means to ensure that your creative content reaches to the right audience or followers, for that you have to spend money. Some of you might know this before reading this blog and for some, this may be an eye-opener. Facebook or Instagram both work with the same algorithm so it’s time to burst the bubble and understand how marketing works.
HOW TO OVERCOME THIS?
- The social platforms are companies and hence at the end of the day, every business is out there to make money to come to terms with this.
- Instead of paying people to create amazing content, manage the budget to create and advertise the content.
- Don’t spend dollars on a creative website if driving traffic to your website is still not sorted. Keep a separate budget to drive traffic to your website.
- Consider it as an equal opportunity that is there for bug brands and hence everyone is in the Pay To Play Market.
- Start building your email list. You own your email list, you don’t own your follower or fans. Start with Mailchimp or We also recommend using landing pages so that your fans have a reason to subscribe to you. We recommend using Leadpages for that.